Are you ready to write a book? Do you have a completed project that’s ready to be edited? Are you struggling to put together a book proposal? Or do you want to start a business as a freelance writer or blogger? A personal writing coach can help!
A Writing Coach Can Help You:
- Set clear, achievable goals to get your project from idea stage to finished project
- Provide accountability and support, including:
- Helping you set weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly mini-goals that will help you move forward
- Bi-weekly or monthly meetings to check in on your progress
- Helping you identify and address challenges and overcome roadblocks that are keeping you from moving forward
- Helping you identify and learning from mistakes
- Assess your progress and make any necessary changes to your plan
- Organize and develop your content
- Provide feedback on your writing during the writing process
- Edit your writing
- Craft a proposal for your book
- Overcome “writer’s block”
- Prioritize your projects
- Manage your time effectively
How I do it:
- Private, online consultations via phone or video chat
- Written feedback on your writing
- A variety of coaching packages to meet your unique needs and budget
- For those who desire a group support environment, I run Mastermind Groups throughout the year. Watch my website for announcements about upcoming Mastermind Group opportunities.
I have degrees in English and journalism, and I studied creative writing at Wayne State University and Northwestern University. I’ve worked in magazine journalism and was an English and writing teacher for 10 years. I have now worked in the publishing industry for 9 years as both a managing editor and a developmental editor. I have a combined total of over 20 years of experience in writing, editing, and publishing.
For more information:
To learn more, contact me to schedule a free introductory session. During the session, I will answer any questions you might have. Together we can discern whether coaching might be right for you.
For editing services, please visit my editing page.